A Career at Royal Coach
Date posted :11/20/2014
We have openings for Charter Dispatchers. More info below. Do you have questions? Give us a call at 408-279-4801
Royal Coach Tours, San Jose
Since 1960 we have been providing San Jose, San Francisco and the Bay Area with premier charter bus transportation service. Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley we offer a variety of bus transportation solutions throughout the Bay Area.
This position coordinates, schedules and dispatches drivers and vehicles as per our Shuttle Program to meet all business demands efficiently without sacrificing customer service and safety.
- Ensures all drivers are scheduled in accordance compliance with state and federal motor carrier laws and regulations in addition to driver qualifications for specific equipment and SPAB orders.
- Formulate and enter appropriate lead time for drivers to arrive to destination factoring in variables such as weather, traffic conditions, road closures, special instructions and etc.
- Provide all drivers with their yard times for upcoming work day(s) and distribute work orders with all appropriate forms and additional information in accordance with department guidelines (parking money, itinerary, signs, permits, maps, running partners, and move coordinators)
- Identify and accommodate special instructions from customers as it relates to dispatching.
- Support and assist drivers with directions, traffic advisories, delays and general inquiries on charter orders.
- Maintain timely communication with customer relative to any changes in expected pick up or drop off times.
- Collaborate with Charter Dispatcher for cross utilization of drivers and equipment.
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience coordinating or scheduling groups of people.
- Ability to engage and influence staff to prioritize, reschedule and show flexibility in carrying out work in light of changing business needs or due to absence or turnover.
- Strong organization, prioritization and communication skills, able to work within time constraints and prioritize tasks according to business needs. Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience working with federal and state motor carrier laws highly desirable.
|To apply for this position|